Monday, September 30, 2013

And the Winner Is...

A week ago, I was asked for a favor from my friend Kayla, the queen herself of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Grand Pi Chapter.Pageant season is back in full effect at my Alma Mater, Spelman College. What that means is that pageants are hosted by everyone, from Greeks to dorms at Spelman College, Morehouse College, and Clark Atlanta University.  Poor Kayla was in such a conundrum, since one of the judges backed out the day of the Kappa pageant.  She called me to the rescue to help judge the pageant. It was quite an experience watching a pageant from a judges perspective.  Oh, and of course I was accompanied by my sidekick, Rachel.


So what do you wear as a pageant judge? Good question, because I had no idea. So I decided to throw on a strapless leotard from Urban Outfitters with light pink slacks from the Goodwill.





Rachel wore green and black printed hiram pants from Wasteland, a boutique,  in LA. A light pink leotard from American Apparel. Her accessories included a gold link necklace previously mentioned in Antique Addicts and a purple suede strap heel from Macy's.




No comments:

Post a Comment