Friday, January 3, 2014

NYE Kardashian Style...

This year my lovely friends and I decided to end the year a little differently.  I'm not talking about an ugly sweater party or some wild New Year's Eve party. Instead we bonded over hair, make-up, and beautifully thrifted fashion! So what I am trying to say, is that we had a good old-fashioned photo-shoot.  The idea was inspired by the Kardashian family's annual Christmas card, so we decided to do our own electronic version for our social media friends.  This was a fabulous and fun way for us to spend some much needed friend time, since we are all rarely in the same place at once. Our shoot consisted of two-looks, one for our Christmas card and the other for our New Year card.  Fun fact about my friends and I, we like to do things in the grandest of ways. Our Christmas card was a Janelle Monae inspired look, masculine/feminine, and we wore sequenced dresses for the New Year, which brings me to the thrifting portion.  Each of us wore beaded dresses that were collected over time by Rachel and I from various thrift, vintage, and consignment stores. Sidenote, Chanel brought her own thrifted sequenced dress.  The photos came out phenomenally thanks to our lovely photographer, Kebrianna "Keke" (check out her work on instagram, #kaughtbykeek). Everyone's inner model came out that night! Take a look, we're pretty smokin'! Happy New Year from the gals!!






                             
                      And here is an individual look at each of us in our dresses!









No comments:

Post a Comment